Welcome to The Friends of The Village Practice
Every GP Practice in England is required to have a Patient Participation Group (PPG).
Here at The Village Practice, we are a small group of enthusiastic patient volunteers who work in partnership with the GP Partners and the Practice staff to improve the patient experience.
We are committed to doing this by talking to patients and finding out what works well for them and to share ideas for improvement with the Practice.
Where appropriate, we support the Practice at such events as the annual flu clinics and health awareness sessions.
Now that the Covid restrictions have relaxed, we are again able to meet face -to-face at the Practice to exchange views and to receive information.
We are looking forward to being able to keep in regular contact with patients via this Facebook Page, The Village Practice website and future newsletters.
There are currently several local health initiatives and a national program of Covid Booster vaccinations, so it is more important than ever that we can continue our work to support the Village Practice and patients.
We need new members and welcome interest from any new or existing patient who would like to join us.
If you want more information about us, you can contact me for an informal chat
My confidential contact details are available via Adrian Machinn, Practice Business Manager, at The Village Practice.
You will be invited to complete a simple application form before attending one of our regular meetings.
Please help us to support you and The Village Practice in its aim for continuous improvement.
Fran Fothergill – Acting Chair
- Ensures real, open communication between patients and the practice
- Discusses patients’ needs during the development of practice systems
- Supports the practice to achieve its health promotion targets
- Reviews and, where appropriate, provides advice and recommendations on the practice patient surveys
- Ensures the needs and interests of all patient groups are considered, including those with specific conditions, those with a disability, ethnic minorities and migrant workers
To find out more, contact the practice on 01253 955 561
Becoming involved delivers practical improvements
Patient participation groups, working with GP practice staff and patients, help to improve the patient experience for all.
Examples of some of the improvements made by GP practices in partnership with their PPGs include:
- Improvements to patient waiting areas
- Provision of up-to-date information on display and notice boards
- Better communication between reception staff and patients
- Improved access through the installation of a new telephone system
- Longer opening hours
- Online appointment booking
- Online prescription ordering service
- Appointment reminders to reduce the number of non-attendances
- Improved access and facilities for patients with a disability
- Improved patient privacy at reception
These are just some examples of the work of practices and PPGs from across our member practices. To find out more, ask at the surgery for further details.
For further information, download the Choose Well leaflet, or visit: