Our main aim is to promote the wellbeing of our patients and provide high-quality care and service at all times. To do this, it is essential that we listen to you and do all we can to meet your needs.
That is why we have created a patient participation group, which is open to everyone registered with us. It is your opportunity to influence and achieve real change through working with others to ensure what we provide is what you want and need.
- Ensures real, open communication between patients and the practice
- Discusses patients’ needs during the development of practice systems
- Supports the practice to achieve its health promotion targets
- Reviews and, where appropriate, provides advice and recommendations on the practice patient surveys
- Ensures the needs and interests of all patient groups are considered, including those with specific conditions, those with a disability, ethnic minorities and migrant workers
To find out more, contact the practice on 01253 955 561
Becoming involved delivers practical improvements
Patient participation groups, working with GP practice staff and patients, help to improve the patient experience for all. Examples of some of the improvements made by GP practices in partnership with their PPGs include:
- Improvements to patient waiting areas
- Provision of up-to-date information on display and notice boards
- Better communication between reception staff and patients
- Improved access through the installation of a new telephone system
- Longer opening hours
- Online appointment booking
- Online prescription ordering service
- Appointment reminders to reduce the number of non-attendances
- Improved access and facilities for patients with a disability
- Improved patient privacy at reception
These are just some examples of the work of practices and PPGs from across our member practices. To find out more, ask at the surgery for further details.
Other ways to get involved
The Public and Patient Engagement Group
The NHS Fylde and Wyre Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) – of which our practice is a member – Public and Patient Engagement Group meets monthly and includes representation from disadvantaged groups, the faith and voluntary sector, disability representatives and older people. The group’s views are fed into the CCG’s Quality and Improvement Committee, which reports to the Governing Body, and so is part of the CCG’s official governance process.
Affiliate membership scheme
By joining the CCG’s affiliate membership scheme you will have the chance to share your views on the healthcare provided in Fylde and Wyre and act as a health champion in your community. The scheme, which currently has more than 800 members, is open to all Fylde and Wyre residents and individuals registered with a local GP. Patients, carers, the general public and employers of all ages are most welcome.
Once you join as an affiliate you are added to the database and will be invited to complete questionnaires and take part in online polls relating to local healthcare. Occasionally, we may also ask you to join one of our focus groups so that we can gather detailed feedback about a specific issue or topic.
If you are interested in joining our affiliate membership scheme, please complete the registration form available at www.fyldeandwyreccg.nhs.uk
Listening events and cafes
The CCG organises regular listening events and cafes, giving people the opportunity to share their views and experience of NHS services. These one-to-one, drop-in sessions also seek the views of local people in order to influence commissioning intentions.
To find out more about becoming involved in more general NHS developments, visit www.fyldeandwyreccg.nhs.uk