Does Age Affect The Risk Of Flu?
Yes. If you are aged 65 years or over or you are at higher risk.
Flu Clinics 2023/2024
On Saturday 23 September we will be holding our flu clinic for over 65 year olds. This will be held at The Village Practice, Thornton Medical Centre. We will be contacting patients under 65 and with underlying conditions in the near future, once we have received an update from NHSE.
Who Is At Risk?
- If you are aged 65 years or over or if you are on regular inhaled steroids
- If you have a chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
- If you have chronic heart disease
- If you have chronic renal disease
- If you are diabetic
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you live in a long-stay residential or nursing home
- If you have a chronic liver disease
- If you are a carer
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please phone the surgery during September to make an appointment if the above applies to you.