As part of the Wyre Integrated Network, The Village Practice will be offering the Covid 19 autumn booster vaccination at a clinic on Saturday 14 October at the Civic Centre in Poulton.
To allow for the preparation of our flu clinic, booking for the Covid vaccination will open on Monday 25 September
The following people are eligible for an autumn Covid booster:
- Residents in care homes for older adults
- All adults aged 65 years and over
- People aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group including:
- Chronic respiratory disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic neurological disease, such as stroke and individuals with cerebral palsy, profound multiple learning disabilities, Down’s syndrome, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease and related or similar conditions.
- Those with immunosuppression
- Asplenia or dysfunction of the spleen
- Morbid obesity
- Severe mental illness
- Younger adults in long-stay nursing and residential care settings
- Pregnant women
- frontline health and social care workers.
- People aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- People aged 16 to 64 years who are carers, and staff working in care homes for older adults